Saturday, March 7, 2009

illustration friday: intricate

when i saw the topic, i wasn't sure if i knew how to approach it. i've been told that my style is 'simple' and 'intricate' to me, seems to be quite the opposite of 'simple'. but i gave it a go anyway and liked it enough to post it, even though it doesn't feel particularly intricate to me. but it's definitely something more detailed than what i'd usually draw. and a week of looking at bridal photos has found its way into my illustration. no, i'm not a bride-to-be, but a photographer-to-be and i'm am totally stoked to be going to australia in august for that purpose. 頑張ります!

15 comments:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

All I can say is," WOW!!!!!! this is so very beautiful. I really like the mood of the piece and the character is just fabulous. The color is very simple, but very elegant and it is very intricate all the pattern. Very well done!

Sónia Cântara said...

I like the delicacy of your work! And LOVE your cat's tree!

Amy C said...

this is really beautiful and so very peaceful too.

Bella Sinclair said...

WOW! I really love this. I love her beautiful face and her hair and that gorgeous dress and the cute little kitty and all the little pebbles. Everything.

I know exactly what you mean about this week's topic. I am soooo not intricate. But you've done it, girl. This is fabulous!

kara said...

Lovely! Intricate, yet calming.

ELLA ELVIANA said...

love your style and i think i get why ppl called your style simple and intricate . because it is. :)

tsu-mina said...

Bellissimo! Nice colours!

Shugar said...

nicely done and really pretty! love the subtle bokehs in the background! :)

Valerie Lorimer said...

Really lovely job.

Alvin said...

Lovely! I think you can sell these :)

denise said...

Super lovely! Elegant and delicate.

ジェイミー said...

The girl is sooo beautiful... and I love her hair because of the different hues you gave it. I'd so date her if i were a guy. haha!

illustrations by doni said...

she and her cat are so sweet

Anonymous said...

I want a postcard with this print! Why don't you print them into postcards! Can I have it as my wallpaper please?

Shugar said...

hello! i'll be in tokyo next wednesday!
wondering if by chance would you be there too? :)