Sunday, January 25, 2009

illustration friday: climbing

they climbed their summer vacation away

when i was colouring this illustration, i hopped over to COLOURlovers for inspiration. there are so many delicious colour palettes over there and some of the colour combinations just make me smile. it's funny though, how the title of the palette affects the way i see the colours and my illustration if i were to use it. i was looking for something with both warm and cool tones and creepy gnomes looked just lovely. but the title and the comment had me imagine how the tiny rabbits would whip out their knives and demand the boy hand his onigiri over.


a picture speaks a thousand words, but a title does have the power to suggest what thousand words it speaks.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a whole lot of fun! Great illustration!

aeneadellaluna said...

ohhhh I love this..adorable children and bunnies ..I really like it

Kris-Tea said...

Aaw! So cute illo :)!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

OOOOh my Goodness I have just fallen deeply in love with fabulous style and sense of whimsy!!!! It's just fabulous!! Let me tell you you have fan in me! he he he. The colors are just yummy, yummy, yummy. I can wait to see more of your work. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a nice message. Have great day.

Natura said...

Oh, this so cute and charming scene. Great illustration.

juanpablito said...

adorable! Way too cool i would say.. can I climb too?

trowbridge chronicles said...

I enjoyed looking at your charming work.

wendeelee said...

nice. i like how you spend time doing beautiful illustrations!
:)
very inspiring. Been meaning to get down to something but time is always an issue. Then again, i should make this my new year's resolution. :)

Good work. your illustrations always make me smile.

Danyell said...

Oh dear- this is the cutest thing ever! I wish I had giant marshmallow Peep bunnies in my neighborhood!

Bella Sinclair said...

すばらし! この うさぎが かわいい でも ごわいい です. And I like scary bunnies. ;) I adore your illustration!!!

あたらし ブログが すきです!

Bella Sinclair said...

Whoops. I meant こわいい. My Japanese is terrible. :)

Shugar said...

Hey ! I'm on colorlovers too! :D
Great illustration you did there by the way :)
On and Happy Nui Year to you too! :) MMoooo!

psychopooch said...

awww... this is so sweet. lovely color choice for inspiration too!

Valerie Lorimer said...

This is such a sweet, charming illo!

Erin Sherman said...

this is so sweet!

Serline said...

Cute!Nice colours too.

デイドリーマー said...

thank you all :) i feel so loved!